Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Reads #3 ~ Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6) by Jill Shalvis



Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post.
This week’s book: 


13111756Goodreads Summary: 

LOVE CAN HAPPEN IN A HEARTBEAT.

Grace never thought she’d be starting her life over from scratch. Losing everything has landed her in Lucky Harbor, working as a dog walker for overwhelmed ER doctor Josh Scott. But the day his nanny fails to show up, Grace goes from caring for Josh’s loveable mutt to caring for his rambunctious kids. Soon Grace is playing house with the sexy single dad…


With so many people depending on him, Josh has no time for anything outside of his clinic and family–until Grace arrives in town. Now this brainy blonde is turning his life inside out and giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “good bedside manner.” Josh and Grace don’t know if what they have can last. But in a town like Lucky Harbor, a lifetime of love starts with just one day.


BOOK BEGINNINGS:


Tired, edgy, and scared that she was never going to get her life on the happy track, Grace Brooks dropped into the back booth of the diner and sagged against the red vinyl seat. “I could really use a drink.”


FRIDAY 56:


Josh pushed to his feet and met Grace on the edge of the dance floor.

She smiled. “You dance?”
He gave her a boogie move that had gotten him laid once or twice in college and made her laugh. “I didn’t know,” she said.
“There’s a lot you don’t know about me.”
“Like the time you and the sheriff got drunk and went streaking on the pier?” she asked sweetly.
He sighed. “Why do you listen to Anna?”
She was grinning wide. “Did you really?”
“Yeah.” He grimaced, making her laugh again.
“Honesty,” she said. “I like that. Is lying against the doctor’s oath or something?”
“Hell, no. I lie all the time. Just tonight, on the walk from my car to the pier, I told Mrs. Lyons that she was looking good.”
“Is she the one wearing the chartreuse green spandex shorts?”

MY THOUGHTS:


It's a reread for today. I always love going back to any Lucky Harbor book and giving it a reread. If you're on the lookout for a cute, sweet and fun read, Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis is a series for you. I just recently read Pipe Dreams and the daughter of the hero was not very lovable in the book, so I felt like rereading a book with a cute kid and a sweet romance and Forever and a Day seemed like a perfect choice for it.




10 comments:

  1. :-) Sounds like a cute read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its super cute. Thank you! You too have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. This book does sound like it is a lot of fun! I hope that you enjoy your re-read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this kind of book in between the intense thrillers. I've been meaning to read this author. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really enjoyed Jill Shalvis' books, so I hope you enjoy this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Revisiting favorites is always a delight. This one sounds unbelievably sweet. I can already see myself swooning. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read this, but sounds fun. Nice to hear it's one of your favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my usual genre, but glad to hear you like it! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Priyanka,

    Thanks for stopping buy my blog. I've been meaning to read something by Jill Shavis. Maybe next time she starts a series. I enjoy that genre. Have you read anything by Robyn Carr, Emily March or Stacy Finz?

    ReplyDelete