Friday 12 May 2017

Friday Reads #2 ~ The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead



Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post.
This week’s book: 


9833184Goodreads Summary: 

Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the wolds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her...

But the struggle isn't over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there's still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path as she harnesses her profound magical ability to undermine the way of life she was raised to defend. Consumed by passion and vengeance, Sydney struggles to keep her secret life under wraps as the threat of exposure — and re-education — looms larger than ever.

Pulses will race throughout this smoldering fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, where no secret is safe.

BOOK BEGINNINGS:

I WON’T LIE. Walking into a room and seeing your girlfriend reading a baby-name book can kind of make your heart stop.


FRIDAY 56:


“I will,” she assured me, nodding eagerly. “I’ll be just like you.” “I know you’ll do a great job.” I actually meant it. She was smart and competent—and now motivated.


MY THOUGHTS:


I just started this book. Loving the series so far, so I'm excited to read this book. The excitement has doubled because its Adrian's pov!! I love how Adrian always seems to be in awe of Sydney's intelligence and has full confidence in her.






12 comments:

  1. That's a great opening! Although this is a genre I rarely read, I'm interested.
    My Friday post features The Secret Wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is a great read so far. You should check this series out when you feel like reading YA. :)

      Delete
  2. That beginning is attention grabbing and I wonder what's going on in the 56! This sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it? I've reached till 40% and its really good!

      Delete
  3. That opening sure sets you back. I keep meaning to read her books.

    My Friday 56 from Silver Threads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about her other books but you should definitely check out Vampire Academy and Bloodlines. :)

      Delete
  4. Rachelle Mead is a very popular author in my library. I hope the baby name book isn't too much of an early "reveal." My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it isn't at all haha. Yes I dunno about her other books but I like her Vampire Academy series and this series more than VA series.

      Delete
  5. That beginning is so true!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine what any guy would think if caught their girlfriend reading a baby name book! lol This is one book that I still need to read. I hope that you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do want to try this series. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete