Friday 1 December 2017

FRIDAY READS #8 | CHASING CHRISTMAS EVE (HEARTBREAKER BAY, #4) BY JILL SHALVIS



Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post.
This week’s book: 


33783425Goodreads Summary: 

Meet cute...

Run for the hills—temporarily. That's Colbie Albright's plan when she flees New York for San Francisco. Wrangling her crazy family by day and writing a bestselling YA fantasy series by night has taken its toll. In short, Colbie's so over it that she's under it. She's also under the waters of a historic San Francisco fountain within an hour of arrival. Fortunately, the guy who fishes Colbie out has her looking forward to Christmas among strangers. But she's pretty sure Spencer Baldwin won't be a stranger for long.

Make merry...

Spence's commitment to hiding from the Ghosts of Relationships Past means he doesn't have to worry about the powerful—okay, crazy hot chemistry—he's got with Colbie. Just because she can laugh at anything, especially herself... just because she's gorgeous and a great listener just because she gets Spence immediately doesn't mean he won't be able to let Colbie go. Does it?

and hope for a miracle.

Now the clock's ticking for Colbie and Spence: Two weeks to cut loose. Two weeks to fall hard. Two weeks to figure out how to make this Christmas last a lifetime.

BOOK BEGINNINGS:

Colbie Albright stood in the crowded LaGuardia Airport staring up at the flight departure board. Her chest was tight and her throat felt like it was closing in. Classic anxiety, she told herself. Just breathe right through it. Not that her body listened to her brain. Her body rarely listened to good sense. In any case, it was December 1 and people were rushing all around her like chickens without their heads, while she stood still trying to figure out her choice of destination. 


FRIDAY 56:

“I was supposed to pick Spence up at seven!” she whispered furiously to Eddie. “I’m late! I’m never late! Should I call him?” Eddie grinned. “Or you could just turn around and talk to him.” “Wait—he can see us?” she asked, horrified, eyes nearly bugging out of her head. “We’re not invisible?” “Christ,” Spence said. She whirled to face him. “I’m so sorry! I don’t know where the time went!” He looked into her stoner red eyes and had to laugh. “I do.” She flushed. “We got caught up . . . talking.” “Uh-huh.” Spence looked over her head at Eddie and his mouth tightened. “You butted in.” Eddie shrugged, the gesture apparently so Spence-like that Colbie clapped a hand to her mouth. “I see it now,” she said behind her fingers. “The similarities.” Spence added disbelief to his anger. “You told her?”


MY THOUGHTS:

I loved reading this book, it was SO good! I am going to review this soon but since its December 1st today I thought I'll share this because as you can see it in the Beginnings section, this book starts on December the 1st.


Which book features in your Friday Reads below? Comment the links below, I would love to visit your blog!


6 comments:

  1. This book sounds like fun, and perfect for the season. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check this out--sounds like some fun holiday fare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you liked this one! I really enjoy Shalvis too. I haven't read this one, but it's on my wish list. Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI there!

    I love the idea of not knowing where she's going to end up. This is a totally new author to me. Always a bonus. :D

    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful holiday read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to read this one! I've only read one book from this series though Shalvis is a favorite author but Spence was my favorite side character. I'm so excited to see him getting his own book.

    ReplyDelete