Friday 17 February 2017

Review ~ Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3) by Jill Shalvis

Goodreads Summary: 

There’s no such thing as a little in love…

Elle Wheaten’s priorities: friends, career, and kick-ass shoes. Then there’s the muscular wall of stubbornness that’s security expert Archer Hunt—who comes before everything else. No point in telling Mr. “Feels-Free Zone” that, though. Elle will just see other men until she gets over Archer . . . which should only take a lifetime . . .

There’s no such thing as a little in lust…

Archer’s wanted the best for Elle ever since he sacrificed his law-enforcement career to save her. But now that she’s earned happiness and success, Archer just wants Elle 24/7. Their chemistry could start the next San Francisco Earthquake, and Archer doesn’t want to be responsible for the damage. The alternative? Watch her go out with guys who aren’t him . . .

There is such a thing as…

As far as Archer’s concerned, nobody is good enough for Elle. But when he sets out to prove it by sabotaging her dates, she gets mad—and things get hot as hell. Now Archer has a new mission: prove to Elle that her perfect man has been here all along.


30166217

My Rating - 4.5 stars!


My Review :

I will just never get tired of reading Jill Shalvis's books and recommending them. She is an amazing author and I absolutely love everything she writes. JS has never disappointed me and she didn't with this book either. I was waiting for this book so badly seeing Archer and Elle's chemistry in the previous books and the hints about their shared pasts, just got me excited. I was very glad to read it cause it was a very enchanting story with exquisite characters, this book just became my top favourite of 2017! 

Archer, a former cop, works in a security detail with bunch of other guys under his team. He's the alpha man. I mean if it's Jill Shalvis's book, you can expect an alpha man, but Archer just tops them all I feel. Nothing and no one can rattle him except a particular stiletto wearing blonde.

Elle works as a building manager and both Archer and Elle have a group of spectacular friends. Now when I first read about her, of course I liked her you can't not like any character JS writes about, but thought she will be a little different as she appeared to be intimidating. But when I started reading this book you actually come to know her and there is a vulnerability in her below all that tough girl skin. And she wasn't just this classy girl from before she changed her life over, she actually was dirt poor and her past was terrible yet she just built her life so well, reading this I immediately got this immense respect for her. Also, we see that she is extremely helpful towards her friends and we get to see much more of that in this book. All these things just made her one of my top favourite female protagonists. She also has an obsession with tea so that also helped her status in my book.

Like I said before, there is a lot of sizzling chemistry between Archer and Elle. But they're enemies because Elle thinks Archer doesn't want her and Archer thinks that he's not good enough for her. *Men!* But as Elle starts getting out there and starts dating Archer doesn't believe they're good enough for her either. It was quite fun reading that. Then enter Elle's sister and all her past problems come crashing. Even though Elle is no damsel in distress and she really does have everything under control, Archer being there and slaying her dragons just earned him tons of cookie points. Making him one of my book boyfriends.

The struggles, the romance, the emotions and the sweetness, everything in this story was just perfect. You also get to meet all the favourite people from this series. All their friends Fin, Pru, Willa and Spence, also all the guys in Archer's team. They were all fun and amazing at the same time. I would've liked to see more of Willa and Keane. But there's a lot of Spence in this story. So everything was good. I honestly can't wait for his story! I want it like yesterday! I recommend Accidently on Purpose to all the Contemporary Romance readers out there.

Some of my favourite quotes(there are tons believe me):

*
When he was with her like this, he found himself. It was as simple and terrifying as that.
*
He made it hard for a girl to not fall head over heels.
*
"Shh,” he said gently and crouched down to her level. “Just me. Scoot.” 
“Why?” 
“Because you’re having bad dreams. I’ll beat them off for you.” 
“How?” 
“I’ll hold you tight and not let anything get you.”
*
Pru smiled and took her hand. "You do know that when this category five storm hits, your real sisters will be at your back, right?" Willa took her other hand and squeezed, nodding her agreement with Pru's words, her eyes solemn. "Always," she said. "Through sickness, gray hair and health, babe."
*
“Okay,” Max piped up. “I have a girlfriend now so I know this one. When Rory says ‘wow’ like that, it’s not a compliment. It means she’s thinking long and hard on how and when I’ll pay for my stupidity.” 
*
"What is it with us?” she murmured. 
He laughed softly. 
“How is that a funny question?” 
“Because I try very hard to always know what I’m doing,” he said. “But I’m winging it here, Elle. I have no idea what we’re doing but one thing I’m sure as hell not doing is walking away from you. Not ever again.”
*
"I want you, Elle," he said, voice low and rough. "It's a goddamn ache, I want you so much."
"I want in your life, Elle. All the way in."
*


4 comments:

  1. I have yet to read a Shalvis book! So many of my blogger friends LOVE her books. I got a few last year, so I may read them and see how they go. It seems like the romances in her books are equal parts sweet and steamy. I'm so glad you enjoyed this book, Priyanka!

    Have a lovely weekend. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you gotta read her books SOON! I can't wait for you to read her books, I strongly recommend her Lucky Harbor series, then read Cedar Ridge and Animal Magnetism series then go to this one. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I have not read this author before. Thanks for popping by my site and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you check her books out :)
      Thanks for stopping by here too!

      Delete