Tuesday 19 July 2016

Summer TBR Wipeout 2016 ~ Update #1

1

I am participating in Summer TBR Wipeout 2016, hosted by The Candid Cover. If you want to check it out, click on the link.
I couldn't post this on Sunday because I was out of town with no internet connection. But I thought better late than never. So here is my update:

I have ten books in my list for this readathon, out of which I finished reading 4 books, less than I expected but I have been watching a lot of TV shows and YouTube and going out but I plan to change that for the second half of this readathon. Anyways, these are the following books that I finished reading:

262478731. Too Hot to Handle by Tessa Bailey : It was a great book, it was 3.5 stars for me. I would have given 0.5 more if there was more time for romance between the main characters, it was too insta and they get too serious in mere days. And I wanted more sibling time between the Clarkson. I was a little disappointed by the end but it was all in all a great read because we do get Clarkson siblings through out the books and the estranged siblings seem to come closer. 




281327222. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K.Rowling : It was a book filled with awesome things which I was already expecting because I have already watched all the movies countless times but reading it was definitely different. I loved all the characters especially Hagrid!                   





15881                                                                                                                                                                                                    3. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K.Rowling :  I was again sucked into this world didn't want to stop reading but I have other books on this list and I want to commit to that one and if I have time in the end I will continue on with this series. All the characters are again so good they just make place in your heart and the stories are so well written you are always on the edge okay now what's next even the quidditch games, I was cheering and disappointed when it got cancelled. I wanted more Hagrid though. 



24431358                                                                                                        4. Cold Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas :  It was a great read, like, 4.5 stars read for me! This was my first Lisa Kleypas Historical ovel adn I absolutely loved it! When I started oh how I disliked Devon BUT! he changed and took on the responsibilities so quickly and his brother West also becomes a hard working person. And the chemistry between Devon and Kathleen was really good! And between Helen and Winterborne too! I can't wait to start the next book, its Helen and Witerborne's book, yes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                          
These were the books that I read and following two are my next reads,
1. Rock Wedding by Nalini Singh 
2. Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas

To check out my whole TBR list, go to my introductory post.

                                                                                                       

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you're enjoying The Harry Potter series. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to reread Harry Potter and get immersed in its amazingness! I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it. Cold Hearted Rake sounds intriguing and I will have to check that one out. Good luck with your next set of books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yeah HP books are really good I feel like reading the third one then the next one but I am going to follow through and read all the books in my list first then turn to the remaining books. You should definitely check Cold Hearted Rake!

      Delete
  3. You're doing awesome! :) I would love to reread Harry Potter, I keep saying I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And you definitely should do it then! I am loving Harry Potter books!

      Delete
  4. Cold Hearted Rake's cover looks amazing! I love those kinds of character development, too, where the character takes up their responsibilities quickly. I secretly fall for them because I'm a sucker. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving Lisa Kleypas's historical books, I loved Marrying Winterborne and now I am reading her Wallflower series, I just am loving it.

      Delete
  5. Harry Potter! Yay! :) Looks like a fun group of books!! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It was quite fun to read all the books! Thank you and same to you!

      Delete