Thursday 9 June 2016

THURSDAY MEMES #1

Yes that's right! There are so many memes which are held on Thursday and here I was not posting on Thursdays. So I am going to be participating in two exciting memes!

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts

Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts - (un)Conventional Bookviews

It is hosted by Unconventional Bookviews . The idea of Thirsty Thursday and Hungry Hearts is to share a quote with food or drinks that showed up in a recent read, as well as if it’s something you think you’d like or not. 
So without further ado:

Here Hudson is lured by his brothers in his family's resort cafeteria to discuss something he doesn't want to. His reaction to looking at the plate full of yummy breakfast is funny!

A very bad feeling came up from his gut and he strode inside. Gray, Penny, Kenna, Aidan, and Aidan’s fiancĂ©e Lily sat at a table having a late breakfast.
 “Told you he’d come if there was food involved,” Gray said. “He thinks with his stomach. That’s because he’s single.”
There was an empty seat waiting for Hud. A plate had been loaded with his favorites: bacon, eggs, hash browns, sourdough toast, and… a big, fat blueberry muffin, the top of it dusted with sugar. 
His mouth watered. “Who died?”
 Penny laughed. “No one, you big lug. Sit down and enjoy.” 
It was hot as hell inside. Making a mental note to have someone check the thermostat and make sure they weren’t bleeding money with a heater cranked up too high, he dropped his jacket, hat, and gloves. He unzipped his sweatshirt and sat. Then he looked at Penny, aka the sweet tyrant. “What?” she asked innocently. Shit. He knew it. The plate had been a misdirect and he’d fallen for it.

~ My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

That's What HE Said

This is a meme hosted by Chapter Break Book Blog .  Every Thursday join us by posting a favorite line from your book boyfriend to his heroine. The quote you choose does not have to be romantic – it can be anything spoken by a book boyfriend.

This is a quote said by Hudson to Bailey,

“I couldn’t be without you,” he said. “I couldn’t breathe here without you, I couldn’t think without you. I couldn’t… be without you. Without you, I wasn’t me.”



~Hudson Kincaid from My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

12 comments:

  1. I absolutely love that quote, Priyanka! And hey, I wouldn't say no to that kind of breakfast, either :) Thanks for participating!
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I wouldn't say no too! I was hungry as soon as I read that line!
      Thank you for hosting and stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Funny scenario. The breakfast did sound good, but too bad how it all ended. Thanks for sharing, and here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did end up eating it though! It was a funny scene. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Now I'm hungry for breakfast food again lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! It is a delicious breakfast on the plate I was hungry reading it too!

      Delete
  4. Now that is a hearty breakfast. Love comfort food like that. Jill Shalvis is one of those authors I have to get to in my reading pile. This one sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? Get to her books soon! And I love comfort food too!

      Delete
  5. Oooh both of those quotes were amazing! Thanks for sharing! And a really big thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both these quotes make me want to check out this book. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete