Tuesday 17 November 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY #6 ~ TOP TEN QUOTES I LOVED FROM BOOKS I READ IN THE PAST YEAR OR SO



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted and created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week, they post a new theme and everyone is invited to join in!

This week's topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So 

I love book quotes. Sometimes even if I end up not liking the story, the quotes make it up for it. Here are some of the quotes I like:

1. “...if you could make a beautiful piece of art from discarded newspapers and old matchbooks, then it meant that everything had potential. And maybe people were like collages-no matter how broken or useless we felt, we were an essential part of the whole. We mattered.” 
― Heather Demetrios, I'll Meet You There

2. “It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.” 
― John Green, Paper Towns

3. “Day or night, rain or shine, I’ll be there for you... Just be my friend.” 
― Nalini Singh, Rock Redemption

4.  “Selflessness. It should be the basis of every relationship. If a person truly cares about you, they'll get more pleasure from the way they make you feel, rather than the way you make them feel.” 
― Colleen Hoover, Confess

5. “Mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” 
― Marissa Meyer, Cinder

6. “Because while she's so pre-occupied reading... I'm so pre-occupied reading her.” 
― Jay McLean, More Than Forever

7. “I feel like I've loved you for eternity, and it's not even close to long enough.” 
― Jay McLean, More Than Forever 

8. “Try to believe that maybe more light shines out of those who have the most cracks.” 
― Mia Sheridan, Archer's Voice

9. “I didn’t know enough to dream you, Bree, but somehow you came true anyway. How did that happen?” He rubbed his nose along mine, pausing and then pulling back again. “Who read my mind and knew exactly what I wanted, even when I didn’t?” 
― Mia Sheridan, Archer's Voice
**Bonus quote: “I lost my heart to you. And, Bree, in case you're wondering, I don't ever want it back.” 
― Mia Sheridan, Archer's Voice

10. “Tomorrow will be better.”
“But what if it’s not?” I asked.
“Then you say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better.” 

― Morgan Matson, Amy and Roger's Epic Detour





So,  this was my top ten list. What about you? Let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the one about not wanting his heart back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! It is really a good book, you should read it :)

      Delete