Friday 27 March 2015

Review: It Happened One Wedding (FBI/US Attorney, #5) by Julie James

Goodreads Summary: 

SHE KNOWS BETTER THAN TO SAY “I DO”

After a humiliating end to her engagement, investment banker Sidney Sinclair is done with commitment-phobic men. But when her sister winds up engaged after a whirlwind courtship, she’s thrown in to close contact with exactly the kind of sexy playboy she wants to avoid—the gorgeous best man. She’s stuck with him, for better or worse, until her sister walks down the aisle, but that doesn’t mean she has to give in to his smooth advances, no matter how tempting they are…

BUT HE MAKES IT HARD TO SAY “I DON’T”

Special Agent Vaughn Roberts always gets his man on the job and his woman in bed. So Sidney’s refusal to fall for his charms only makes him more determined to win over the cool and confident redhead. Only what starts out as a battle of wills ends up as a serious play for her heart. Because the one woman who refuses to be caught may be the only one Vaughn can’t live without…

18136549

My Review:

Let me start with how good the cover looks. The cover and title explains the plot nicely. It was a good book of course, its Julie James's writing.

It opens with Sidney sitting in a cafe after her date and Vaughn sees her and hits on her. Now Sidney has bad past with her engagement and she is 33, so she just wants a marriage material guy. And Vaughn's type is not. So she hastily judges him. I didn't like that part but I understood her. So she gets all her frustration out on him thinking she is never going to meet him. But was she wrong. He is the brother of her sister's to be husband. And so the awkward meeting with their siblings begins. And they keep bumping into each other and they keep arguing. I liked their banter a lot.

Sidney is a independent, good at her job as investment banker woman. And as you come to know her, you start liking her. And Vaughn also realizes that she is a nice person with a bad past. Vaughn is also nice and funny FBI agent. His friends Cade and Huxley were great. His family was super. His typical Irish parents and his brother Simon and Isabelle, Sidney's sister were just hilarious.

And later Sideny and Vaughn come to a certain arrangement and slowly they fall for each other. I liked all that. But I wanted more action from Vaughn as a FBI agent, like in the previous FBI agents books. Also I needed an epilogue. Things end on a happy note, yes, but I wanted to read more about their future.
That being said, it was a overall good read.

Some of my favourite lines:
He stopped beside her. “So. How many things are on this list of yours?”
She watched as he helped himself to a seat in the grass next to her. “Thirty-four.”
“Thirty-four? You can’t be serious.” Vaughn doubted any man could pass such a test. “All right, lay it on me. Let’s hear this list of so-called signs that say whether a man is ready for a commitment.”
She held his gaze defiantly, and then began ticking off her fingers. “He can’t be hung up on a prior relationship. Must be available on weekends. Settled in his career. On stable emotional footing with his parents. Have friends who are in committed relationships.” She paused, as if trying to remember
the other things on her list.
Vaughn frowned. “I hope you’ve got more than that. Because you just described me.”
*
Vaughn put his arm around her. “She’ll be okay,” he said soothingly. “She’s in good hands, Sidney.
They’ll take care of her.”
Sidney rested her head against his shoulder. They stayed that way for several moments, the warmth
of his body seeping into hers.
*
Because we’re only human—sometimes, we put our faith in the
wrong person. And you’re only human, too, Sidney.” He gave her a nudge. “Even if it kills you to
admit it.”
“Just a little.” She cocked her head, studying him.
*
“Are you okay?”
He touched her cheek. “I’m okay. You know what helped? When I got home last night and heard your message. Your voice made me smile, just like you always make me smile.” He turned to face her. “We’re good together, Sidney. And I know you feel it, too. These past couple months I’ve been fighting the way I feel because this is definitely not what I had planned, but the truth is . . . I’m in love with you.”
*
The guy who walked up to you that day in the coffee shop
wasn’t looking for a serious relationship. But that guy is gone.” He peered down into her eyes. “He’s
been replaced by a man who can’t imagine his life without you.”
*
“Well, I hope you soaked it up, Sinclair. Because that was the last first kiss you’ll ever have.” He bent his head, his voice low and possessive. “All the rest are mine.”




My Rating - 4 stars!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Vaughn and Sidney sound really good especially from the quotes. I will definitely get to this one closer to Suddenly One Summer's release date. Great review Priyanka! :)

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete