Thursday 26 March 2015

Review: The Deal(Off-Campus #1) by Elle Kennedy

Goodreads Summary: 

She’s about to make a deal with the college bad boy...

Hannah Wells has finally found someone who turns her on. But while she might be confident in every other area of her life, she’s carting around a full set of baggage when it comes to sex and seduction. If she wants to get her crush’s attention, she’ll have to step out of her comfort zone and make him take notice…even if it means tutoring the annoying, childish, cocky captain of the hockey team in exchange for a pretend date.

...and it’s going to be oh so good.

All Garrett Graham has ever wanted is to play professional hockey after graduation, but his plummeting GPA is threatening everything he’s worked so hard for. If helping a sarcastic brunette make another guy jealous will help him secure his position on the team, he’s all for it. But when one unexpected kiss leads to the wildest sex of both their lives, it doesn’t take long for Garrett to realize that pretend isn’t going to cut it. Now he just has to convince Hannah that the man she wants looks a lot like him.


My Review:

This is my first book by Elle Kennedy to read. And after reading this book, lets just say that I am gonna be looking forward to read more books in the future by Elle Kennedy.

So it is a dual pov book, starting with Hannah, our heroine's pov. It is about how she gets an A in a subject with a bitchy teacher and whole class performing poorly. She is a studious, majoring in drama girl. And here Garrett has failed in the test. Now he loves to play Hockey and with his result, he won't be able to play that anymore as he requires certain amount of grades to keep playing.

Fortunately there is a makeup test being held but Garrett needs someone to tutor him and he finds that Hannah gets an A. He tries pursue her to get to teach him but she doesn't. Finally they settle on making a deal with each other and Garrett's end deal is to fake date Hannah to get a guy she crushes on to notice her. I loved how he tries to persuade her and all.

Hannah tutors him and realizes that he is not a jerk or cocky but is very sweet after all. Hannah has a bad past which is why she can't make herself go to her hometown. But inspite of all that Hannah was a very positive person, sweet yet ballsy. Garrett can't help but be attracted to her. Garrett also has a bad past and can't go to his house too. Garrett was so nice to her. He was a perfect at boyfriend to her. Takes care of her and helps her recover from the bad stuff. Acts her bodyguard when needed and all that.

They slowly fall in love and then there is one tiny dramatic twist. I really liked how Garrett handled it. They are perfect for each other. I loved all Garrett's and Hannah's friends. I hope all of them gets a book.

Some of my fav quotes from the book:
“Him: Confession: I deleted all the 1 Direction from your iPod when u were in the can.
You’re welcome.
Me: WHAT?? I’m going to kiss u!
Him: With tongue?
It takes me a second to realize what happened, at which point I’m completely mortified.
Me: Kill u! I meant KILL. u. Damn autocorrect.
Him: Surrrrrre. Let’s blame it on autocorrect.
Me: Shut it.
Him: I think someone wants to kiss me…” 
*
“You won’t let anything bad happen to me, will you, Garrett?”
A lump the size of Massachusetts lodges in my throat. I swallow hard and try to speak past it.
“Never.”
*
“Put me on speakerphone. I want to hear you sing.”
My heart squeezes with emotion, but I try to hide the response by donning a casual tone. “You want me to sing you a lullaby? Aren’t you precious.”
He chuckles. “My chest feels likes it got hit by a truck. I need a distraction.”



My Rating - 4.5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment