Friday 16 April 2021

FRIDAY READS | HEAD OVER HEELS (LUCKY HARBOR, #3) BY JILL SHALVIS

 

 Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post. 
Book Blogger Hop created by coffeeaddictedwriter, where each week the hop starts on a Friday and ends the following Thursday with a weekly prompt featuring some bookish question.
This week’s book: 




Goodreads Summary: 

Breaking rules and breaking hearts.

Free-spirited Chloe lives life on the edge. Unlike her soon-to-be married sisters, she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life running their family's newly renovated inn. But soon her love of trouble — and trouble with love — draws the attention of the very stern, very sexy sheriff who'd like nothing better than to tame her wild ways.

Suddenly, Chloe can't take a misstep without the sheriff hot on her heels. His rugged swagger and his enigmatic smile are enough to make a girl beg to be handcuffed. For the first time, instead of avoiding the law, Chloe dreams of surrender. Can this rebel find a way to keep the peace with the straitlaced sheriff? Or will Chloe's colorful past keep her from a love that lasts... and the safe haven she truly wants in a town called Lucky Harbor?

BOOK BEGINNINGS:

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.”

  ~ Chloe Traeger

It wasn’t often that Chloe Traeger beat her sisters into the kitchen in the morning, but with Tara and Maddie currently sleeping with the town’s two hottest hotties, it’d been only a matter of time. And in the name of fairness, Chloe hadn’t actually gotten to bed yet, but that was just a technicality. With a wide yawn, she started the coffee. Then, gathering what she needed, she hopped up onto the counter—hissing in pain from her throbbing legs. The quiet in the kitchen soothed her as 
she mixed ingredients together for her natural antibacterial cream. Given how loudly she lived her life, the silence was a nice start to the day.

FRIDAY 56:
It was during those days that she accepted the first four bookings for the following month at their new day spa—the one that didn’t quite exist yet. She’d warned the potential clients that they weren’t up to full service at this time and hoped that was enough to keep her out of hot water with her sisters. And then she’d called Jax. “We’ve got a month,” she told him. 
He hesitated. “Maddie and Tara know this?” 
“They will.” 
“Shit, Chloe.”
MY THOUGHTS:

I first started reading this series back in 2012 and though I have read a few books here and there in the series sometimes, it's the first time I am rereading the whole series. I definitely loved reading this series the first time but it was so long ago, I'm enjoying it a little differently as a grown up I feel, I'm understanding a few things more or looking at things just a little differently I think? Overall the experience of rereading is quite fun!
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question prompt is How many different weekly memes do you participate in besides the Book Blogger Hop?
I participate in a lot of bookish memes. But I don't participate in a lot of memes in one week at once. I skip a lot of weeks too, just do whatever I feel like and take no pressure haha :D

Which book features in your Friday Reads this week? Comment the links to your posts below, I would love to visit your blog!

5 comments:

  1. I love Jill Shalvis. I haven't read this one but I want to.

    I take part in a lot of memes--probably too many--but I enjoy it. If I have to skip now and then, it's not a big deal, but when I can, I like to do certain ones more regularly.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great snippets!! Sounds like a wonderful series! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fun teasers! The opening sentences made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete