Friday 11 December 2020

FRIDAY READS #17 | MISTLETOE IN PARADISE BY JILL SHALVIS

 


Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post. 
Book Blogger Hop created by coffeeaddictedwriter, where each week the hop starts on a Friday and ends the following Thursday with a weekly prompt featuring some bookish question.
This week’s book: 





Goodreads Summary: 

Problem Number One – Getting There

Old childhood friends each fly separately to join their families on what’s been an annual holiday themed yacht adventure. Secret ex-lovers, Hannah and James are determined to make the best of things…

Problem Number Two – Getting Stuck.

When everyone but Hannah and James gets held up in an airport snarl, it leaves them stuck together for four days, making Hannah’s already problematic trip a whole lot harder to face. Especially because she comes bearing more than just gifts…

Problem Number Three -- Falling In Love (again)

As the former lovers try to make the best of the Christmas snafu, they soon realize that the best things in life can’t be planned and sometimes love is sweeter the second time around.

BOOK BEGINNINGS:

Christmas, twelve years ago

Fourteen-year-old Hannah Banfield stood at the very edge of a cliff. Not a mental cliff, which would have been less terrifying. 

FRIDAY 56:
"Maybe," she admitted. "But I'm out of dating practice, so..." 
"Don't overthink it." "Hi, have you met me?"
MY THOUGHTS:

I just finished reading it and loved it! It's a great novella for this time if you're looking to catch up with your year-end goals, this is a short and sweet romance story, despite that scary looking beginning.
Book Blogger Hop
This week's question prompt is WHAT WAS THE LAST BOOK YOU STARTED TO READ BUT COULDN'T FINISH?
Since I didn't read many books this year, I haven't DNF'd any this year at least so I can't remember the last book I couldn't finish..

Which book features in your Friday Reads this week? Comment the links to your posts below, I would love to visit your blog!

4 comments:

  1. I like the quotes. I haven't heard of this one, so thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover has me longing to go away!!! Book sounds good too! LOL Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lots of folks could use a getaway. I'd take one, if we all could.

      Delete
  3. Jill Shalvis! I love her books. Not that I have read many, mind you, but I do enjoy her work. This sounds perfect for this time of year. I love that cover.

    ReplyDelete