Tuesday 31 March 2020

TOP TEN TUESDAY | TOP TEN REASONS I'M OBVIOUSLY A BOOKLOVER


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and previously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish is now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl 

How is Quarantine life, everyone? I am hanging in there. Most of the times it feels like nothing has changed since I love staying at home, but I can't deny that sometimes it gets overwhelming and suffocating. So I turn to books or Netflix or Korean variety shows to keep my mind off of worrying matters. 

This week’s topic is a fun one. It's bookish without books. What bookish qualities do you possess that make it obvious to everyone who knows you that you’re a book lover? Here are my top ten reasons:

1. Reading in every spare time I get 
Whether I am waiting for my sister to get off her class as I pick her up on the way home or waiting for an appointment, I always find myself reading on the kindle app on my phone.
2. Having social media accounts only for books 
I actually didn't have my personal social media accounts until recently. Years ago, I was on Facebook(like 10 or so years ago), but I deleted that account and I made Twitter & Instagram accounts solely for books. I made a personal IG account only a few months ago, but I don't post as often on there. I spend HOURS on bookish social media including Goodreads.
3. Remembering random bookish things at all times 
I definitely am not kidding with this one. I remember random bookish scenes, dialogues, stories, characters, whatever, even if I have read that book years ago at random times or because of things that trigger these bookish memories. My bookish friend in real life loves that because then we spend hours talking about those books.
4. Bragging about Books 
I brag about any bookish thing like, I have read so many number of books in a year or till now, I own so and so number of books, I have read this gigantic book or this gigantic series, I have read this book in one sitting, bragging about my reading speed. Doesn't matter if its in front of a reader or a muggle in the bookish world.
5. Recommending Books 
Recommending books is not easy if you don't the person and their preferences but I love to spend time on research to recommend someone a book they would like based on the research. 
6. Book hangovers 
They suck, don't they?
7. Buying things for bookish reasons
Not just bookish but I buy non-bookish things sometimes because they remind me of certain bookish things. Like, the other day I bought PJs cause they had ice cream cones and ice candy bars on it, cause they reminded me of Avery from Wait for You, having them. And I buy props for my bookstagram all the time!
8. Making friends because of books
I have made so many friends because of books! Through blogging, social media like Twitter, Goodreads and especially on IG. Also, I am still friends with the person who introduced me to this world. She has become my life long friend now.
9. Still, remember the first books that got me into reading
 I still do remember the characters, stories, authors that got me into reading properly. I have grown out of the genres but I will still go back and reread them if I ever get some time to do so. I am grateful to them for making me stay in this awesome world.
10. Changing Profession/Studies because of Books
This is a big one. I used to study Engineering.. but midway through I realised, I can never work in a non-bookish field, so changed my degree studies, and got my BA in English Literature, currently preparing to apply for the masters. It was a huge life-changing decision.

Do we have any of these in common?
What are your top ten things that make you an obvious book lover? Leave the links to your posts too!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, book hangovers do suck.

    What do you hope to do as a job after you get your master's degree?

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the worst! I want to be an editor or a translator. :)

      Delete
  2. OOh nice!! Book hangovers, yeah those are tough! Lol. Mine are usually running in the background as I move onto my next read. I never let a hangover prevent me from reading more, but some things stick with me in the back of my head for awhile! Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always remember those first books, don't we? I feel like my life has been shaped by the books I've read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely do #1! It's my secret to reading as many books as I manage to lol. I've become a professional at stealing snippets of time. Book hangovers are the worst. But also the best, because that means the book was really good. It's complicated. Great list!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete