Tuesday 21 November 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY #21 | TEN BOOKS I READ THIS YEAR THAT I AM THANKFUL FOR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic is Top Ten Books I am thankful for. But I am posting only about the books I read this year, because I have too many books on my list that I am thankful for.


1. SILVER SILENCE (PSY-CHANGELING TRINITY #1) BY NALINI SINGH:

This series is my favourite and its for a great reason, because not only the world created by Nalini Singh is fan-freaking-tastic and genius, the characters in each book, the story and the writing everything about this series is just amazing. So I have to be thankful for these books.

2. ADDICTED SERIES BY KRISTA AND BECCA RITCHIE:

I started reading this series this year, years after I added it to my tbr. I only regret joining this fandom so late. The characters and their stories have become like home to me. I can never get enough of this squad! I love each and every character from this series. Connor, Lo, Ryke, Rose, Lily, Daisy and even Willow and Garrison. I am on the last book of this series and I am sad to say goodbye to this series. Thank god for the spin-off series called, Like Us.

3. WHEN IT'S REAL BY ERIN WATT:

I hadn't read many YA books lately and whichever ones that I read, I didn't like them or find them as good as my old reads. So I was thankful for this book, as it got me back into liking YA books!

4. CHASING CHRISTMAS EVE (HEARTBREAKER BAY, #4) BY JILL SHALVIS:

I always love reading Christmas books, not only that but a good Contemporary book and Jill Shalvis NEVER fails to deliver that. I always enjoy her books, I am always rereading them, my mood just uplifts if its down after reading them. Lucky Harbor is my the favourite contemporary romance series by her but I see Heartbreaker Bay giving it a good competition!

5. DEVIL IN SPRING (THE RAVENELS, #3) BY LISA KLEYPAS:

I discovered Lisa Kleypas's historical books last year and I fell more for this genre. Her historical books are a must read. This book was filled with sweetness and my feminist little heart just loved it. Loved the heroine and the hero too. It was a lot of fun seeing all the old favourites from the Wallflowers series!

6. SHADOWDANCE (LONDON DANCE, #4) KRISTEN CALLIHAN:

I try to start and finish one series every year. This year it was two, this one and the Addicted series. I love paranormal romances and I love historical romances so when I discovered the combination of the two, I had to read this one. This series gets better and better with each book. I especially loved this book.

7. THE THING ABOUT LOVE BY JULIE JAMES:

I love watching FBI/law or crime shows like that but I had never read books about FBI or police until I picked up FBI/US Attorney series by this author way back in 2013 and I just loved them so much. I am always waiting for Julie James' books eagerly and when I do get to read them, I'm highly entertained and never disappointed. So I was very thankful to read this one this year!

8. AERIAL ETHEREAL SERIES BY KRISTA AND BECCA RITCHIE:

Double feature for these twin authors and a very notable one because this series just proves that you can fall in love with any book or character these people write about. I never thought that circus would be this cool or there could be so many untold stories of these characters. This series is very unique. It's set in Las Vegas too! I have never been to Las Vegas but whenever I think about this place I had particular scenes in my mind based on the tv shows/ movies but there's so much more to this city. I explored the city with Thora and can't wait to do more of that exploring!

9. CHERISH HARD (HARD PLAY, #1) BY NALINI SINGH:

Of course, Nalini Singh too gets a double feature, she's one of my TOP favourite authors you see. Besides that, this book is amazing and you can find my review here.

10. THE HATING GAME BY SALLY THORNE:

Last but not the least, The Hating Game by Sally Thorne. This was my first read by this author. I loved reading this book, I love contemporary books and this one is among the best ones! Great characters and sweet story. I can't wait to read more books by her! 

So there you go. These are my top ten. What are yours?


9 comments:

  1. OOh nice ones!! I LOVED the Darkest London series too! I struggle to pick a favorite one. Possibly Moonglow just because I have a fierce love of werewolves! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jill Shavis, Lisa Kleypas and Nalini SIngh- terrific list!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2017/11/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read The Hating Game. I've heard a lot of good things about it! Have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not include When It's Real? Love love that book! Ah I keep wanting to try The Hating Game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nalini Singh is my favorite author too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of any of these series/books before now! I've got some catching up to do it seems C:
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, all of these are actually new to me. Going to have to check all of them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did not expect to like The Hating Game, but I LOVED IT!!
    I'm actually reading Chasing Christmas Eve right now, and really loving it so far. :)

    ~Elley~
    elleyotter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete