Tuesday 14 November 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY #20 | TEN BOOKS I WANT YOUNG PEOPLE TO READ


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I wanted to talk about my all-time YA books for quite a while now so this couldn't have been a more perfect opportunity to talk about it. So here are my top ten YA favourites of all time that I want younger people(meaning above 13 years) to read. 

*YA series*


1.Perfect Chemistry trilogy by Simone Elkeles:


I LOVE this trilogy and it's a great YA read. Fuentes brothers take you on a great adventure!
                       
2. Pushing the Limits series by Katie McGarry 

This series is my top YA contemporary favourite. I can't get enough of these books.



I really cannot say it enough about how much I love this book. This is my top favourite standalone.

4. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer:

I don't usually like Sci-Fi books but this series is so worth it!

5. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling:

My list won't be complete if I don't mention this legendary series.

6. The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis:

I haven't read all the books in this series but I haven't read all of HP books too, I know need to go hide under a rock. But I really loved it when I read the first two books of this when I was young and think younger or people of any age would definitely enjoy these books.

7. Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout:

This was my first alien read. I loved reading this series and are part of my life now. Totally recommend this if you love alien books or if you haven't read any then this is a good series to start!

8. His Fair Assassins by Robin LaFevers:

For younger people who are just beginning to read historicals or people of any age who enjoy historicals, this is a series for you! Love how its female driven too! Go girl power!

9. Gravity Moon by Cath Crowley:

It was a great contemporary standalone read. I like to read books that take place in one day. Sometimes there are days when something significant happens and your whole life changes because of that one day.

10. IF I STAY BY GAYLE FORMAN:

I think these books are there in the school syllabus for reading too. But even if you don't I recommend these because the writing and the story of Where She Went, the way the main characters get back together is amazing!



So there you go. These are my top ten. What are yours?


8 comments:

  1. Yes! The chronicle of Narnia books are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I love the Chronicles of Narnia. My sister just asked me yesterday for recommendations for a 17-year old girl - I told her The Lunar Chronicles, so yes to that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/top-ten-tuesday-133/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Cinder from Lunar chronicles and Harry Potter made my list too.
    Thanks for stopping by My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harry Potter and the Lunar Chronicles definitely feel like a must :) If I Stay is such a good choice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the entire 'My Fair Assassin' trilogy by Robin LaFevers and LOVED it!!

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday and leaving me a comment and following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh great picks for this week. While I've only read three of these books/series I have heard of them all and based on what I've heard I feel they'd been perfect for teen readers just starting out in the YA genre. The Chronicles of Narnia is one of my childhood favourites (I actually nearly added it to my list this week) and oh The Lunar Chronicles is one of my all-time favourite series just in general so I'm thrilled that one made your list this week. :D
    Again great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete