Wednesday 2 December 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #18 ~ Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
 Author:  Susan Dennard
Genre:  Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Fiction, Magic, Witches
Publication Date:  January 5th, 2016

21414439

Goodreads Summary-

On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

I'm waiting because...

It sounds amazing and it is very popular and I have taken liking towards witchery and magic after reading His Fair Assassins.

What are you waiting on this Wednesday?

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I totally get why you're waiting on this! I'm not a huge witch-fan but I'm suuuper excited for Truthwitch - it just sounds so interesting and great! Awesome pick, Priyanka! :D

    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds super intriguing. I'm adding it to my Goodreads TBR list right now. Thanks for the heads-up.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've hears great things about this author! Nice pick and thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a WoW favorite -- hope it lives up to the hype but it sounds wonderful!!

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So cannot wait to read this one!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaasss, I absolutely adored this book! I posted my review a few weeks ago - and shared a swoony excerpt. ;) I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah? I am checking it now. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. YES!! I'm also looking forward to this. I've heard so many good things about Dennard's books and the early reviews for this are good too! Thanks for visiting my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love witches, Priyanka! And Truth Witch sounds really good! I hope you'll get your hands on it soon, and that you'll enjoy it!
    Have a terrific Thursday and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been seeing this everywhere. Not sure if it's for me, but hope you get ahold of it soon! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes!! I am waiting on this one too! I won an ARC, but still have yet to receive it. This whole series sounds so epic!

    ReplyDelete