Wednesday 30 September 2015

Review ~ Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge #1)

Goodreads Summary: 

RESCUE ME

Cedar Ridge, Colorado, is famous for crisp mountain air, clear blue skies, and pine-scented breezes. And it's the last place Lily Danville wants to be. But she needs a job, and there's an opening at the hottest resort in her hometown. What has her concerned is the other hot property in Cedar Ridge: Aidan Kincaid-firefighter, rescue worker, and heartbreaker. She never could resist that devastating smile . . .

The Kincaid brothers are as rough and rugged as the Rocky Mountains they call home. Aidan has always done things his own way, by his own rules. And never has he regretted anything more than letting Lily walk out of his life ten years ago. If anyone has ever been in need of rescuing, she has. What she needs more than anything are long hikes, slow dances, and sizzling kisses. But that can only happen if he can get her to give Cedar Ridge-and this bad boy-a second chance . . .

23435151

My Review :

Second Chance Summer is the first book of Jill Shalvis's new series, Cedar Ridge. As I keep saying it that I love Jill Shalvis, there was no surprise when I picked this book as soon as it was released. And it was indeed a great read!

Jill Shalvis has a knack of creating these perfect, adorable towns. Like Lucky Harbor, I fell in love with this town Cedar Ridge based in Colorado.

Lily Danville has returned to Cedar Ridge after a decade. When some tragic occur accidents in her life Lily can't cope up with those and she gives up living in the town and goes to San Diego. When she runs into trouble there and is out of job, after ten years she is forced to return to Cedar Ridge as her friend Jonathan offers her a job. 

Aidan Kincaid is a firefighter and volunteers for the local Search-and-Rescue team. He lives with his family in his family's Cedar Ridge Resort. The resort is struggling so he and his brothers are doing everything to save the family resort. He is very protective of his family. Aidan always had a thing for Lily but when she left town abruptly he was hurt, so when she returns to town, he tries to keep his distance from her and not get too emotionally involved but he can't stop himself from wanting to help and protect Lily.

Lily always had a crush on Aidan but due to some misunderstandings, she wants to keep distance but it doesn't happen that way of course. Her encounters with Aidan are pretty funny too. But they have great chemistry and so they can't stay away from each other. After some communication everything works out in the end.

I loved the story. Aidan and Lily were great, I quite liked Aidan's family as well. It was a great start to the series. I am looking forward to the next book. If you are looking for a Jill Shalvis book to read, Second Chance Summer is for you.

Some of my favourite quotes:

*
“He remembered kissing her… falling for her.

Then how she’d left the mountain without looking back, forgetting about him with shocking, heartbreaking ease.

Now she was back. And she’d kissed him like maybe she hadn’t forgotten him after all...” 

*
“You’re not a job to me, Lily. Not even close. You’re more. And I think I’m more to you too. I think it’s not that you don’t feel anything, it’s that you feel too much. I scare you.” 

*
“There were some men who just knew how to kiss, the kind of kiss that could send a woman reeling. The kind of kiss that could take away problems and awareness and … and everything. The kind of kiss that could shatter her into a trillion little pieces. The kind of kiss that somehow both calmed her body and soul even as it wound her up for more. Aidan was that kind of kisser.” 

*

My Rating - 5 stars!



2 comments:

  1. WooHoo Priyanka! I loved Second Chance Summer, too - Shalvis is one of my favorite contemporary romance authors, I almost always fall in love with her characters and her stories. I'm happy you enjoyed it as well :)
    I hope you're having a fantastic week. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's my all time favourite author! I LOVE Lucky Harbor series! What about you? Which series of hers is your favourite? I'm glad you loved this book as well :)
      You too!

      Delete