Thursday 19 February 2015

Review: Something About You (FBI/US Attorney #1) by Julie James

Goodreads Summary:

Fate has thrown two sworn enemies...


Of all the hotel rooms rented by all the adulterous politicians in Chicago, female Assistant U.S. Attorney Cameron Lynde had to choose the one next to 1308, where some hot-and-heavy lovemaking ends with a death. And of all the FBI agents in Illinois, it had to be Special Agent Jack Pallas who gets assigned to this high-profile homicide. The same Jack Pallas who still blames Cameron for a botched crackdown three years ago—and for nearly ruining his career.

Into each other's arms...

Work with Cameron Lynde? Are they kidding? Maybe, Jack thinks, this is some kind of welcome-back prank after his stint away from Chicago. But it's no joke; the pair is going to have to put their rocky past behind them and focus on the case at hand. That is, if they can cut back on the razor-sharp jibes—and smother the flame of their sizzling-hot sexual tension.


The cover is of an audiobook, but I love this one the best.

My Review :


Something About You is the second book I read of Julie James. First was, Just the Sexiest Man Alive. I liked that book but I Loved her writing style cause of this book.

Jack Pallas is the FBI Agent and Cameron Lynde was the Assistant US Attorney. They worked on a same case three years ago but the things went wrong and Jack insulted her on national television and was transferred to Nebraska. Now after all this time, Cameron is staying at a hotel for one night and there happens to occur a murder and catches a glance at the murderer through her eye hole from her room.And she becomes the key witness of the case. And the Jack Pallas has this case. So they meet after three years and since they had parted ways unhappily, the banter between Jack and Cameron when Jack interviews her is funny.

Cameron is placed under witness protection program. Jack and Cameron have to work together and they can't resist the attraction between them. After one incident with Cameron at her place, Jack takes full responsibility to protect her and from there they solve their misunderstandings.

Together they were perfect! I couldn't keep the book down. It was a nice and fun book. I loved reading about Jack and Cameron. LOVED Them! I actually read this book in 2013, but still reread it sometimes. Also I loved all the other characters Wilkins, Collin, both Police officers, everyone were damn funny! It's one of my favourites.

 Some of my favourite quotes :

“If you also thinks it means I wake up every morning wondering what I did to deserve having you back in my life, well, you'd be right about that too.” 

“My God, Jack - with a look like that, you two should just get a room. And try not to pick the one with a dead body next to it this time.” 

“More like a chocolate molten lava cake. A dessert so sinful, so luscious, so filled with inner heat it made a girl want to lick each and every crumb right off the plate. That was Jack Pallas.” 

“I invited a few people to help celebrate your birthday," Cameron said sheepishly. She threw up her hands. "Surprise."
"We sort of come with the package," Collin explained. "Think of it as a collective gift from all of us to you: five bona fide annoying and overly intrusive new best friends."
"It's the gift that keeps on giving," Wilkins said.
Jack grinned. "I'm touched. Really. And since it appears I'm going to be moving in, let me be the first to say that all of you are always welcome at my and Cameron's house. Subject to a minimum of forty-eight hours prior notification.” 

My Rating - 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment