Tuesday 10 February 2015

Review: Willing Captive by Belle Aurora

Goodreads Summary:


(Author note: This is NOT a dark romance.)

Delilah “Lily” Flynn is used to her drab existence. Lily’s been living it for twenty two years. 
Her boring life is suddenly turned on its head when she’s rudely kidnapped from her bedroom.
Or so she thinks.

Nox Taylor is far too high up in his field to be assigned a babysitting job. 
There’s nothing more he wants than to complete his mission so he can be rid of the smartass tomboy, Lily.

Day after day, Nox watches Lily and her strange ways. She’s unlike any woman he’s ever met. 
Getting close to the girl is purely for her own protection…right?

Lily never imagined she’d make her first real friends in captivity. 
What lengths would she go through to keep them?



My Review: 


Oh I loved this book a lot!

I read Friend-zoned series and immediately liked Belle Aurora's writing style. That is why, when I came to know that this book is coming out, I was looking forward to read this one. And it was an amazing, fun and beautiful read!

Well it starts of with a 22 year old girl Delilah “Lily” Flynn with an overprotective father being abducted by Nox a damn hot ex-military guy and his team! Nox is dark and Lily is the light, so they complement each other.

The plot and the bookcover makes the story look like its gonna be a dark story, but its not. It's actually very funny! Nox and Lily have love/hate relationship in the beginning, but Lily with her wits wins his heart. I really liked Lily. She wasn't irritating or a sheep who surrenders easily to whatever brooding hero says. Nope, she was unique. Who used to cry at everything before, you see her growing up in the book and standing up for herself. Also she loves reading, so by default I liked her already.

"Reading is my escape. It makes my brain work, which gives me a short reprieve from my isolated life" 




Well gotta agree on that!!



The last 20% part was so emotional! It was a perfect ending to their story. Loved it, no doubt! And I loved Rock and Boo too. Their part in the end was emotional and sweet too! I just wished if Rock and Boo had gotten a book I really loved them!!

And here are some fun and sweet dialogues below from the book which I loved :

“Books... I can’t live without books. To me, a book is better than any movie. All I need is a good book, my imagination, and I am set free. I’m in literature heaven.” ~Lily 

"Who are you?~Lily
The person who just saved your life baby"~Nox 


“Standing face to face with a still pissed Nox, I find myself getting pissed, too. Nox just has that effect on me. I swear this guy must’ve been conceived through back door action. There’s no way being that much of an asshole is natural.” 

"You haven't been kidnapped, Delilah." Eyes wide, I lift my face to look into his and ask, "Who are you?" Hottie's lip twitches. "The person who just saved your life, baby." ~Nox


"I hated the life I was living. And you changed me. All for the better. And I thank God for the day I met you." ~Lily

"Never had something so beautiful so close before."~Nox

"Can't help who you fall in love with, princess." ~Nox


"I never realized how much I hate my life. Not until he showed me beautiful." ~Lily

 "You remember what you said this morning? About it being totally stupid to fall in love with me?" 
At that, my eyes open. He adds quietly, "Then you should start calling me a fuckin' moron." ~Nox


"Been hurting a long time. You can't see this type of hurt, though. Broken hearts don't mend easily. And you're not hurting me right now, baby. But even if you were, it would hurt so sweet." ~Nox

“Owe ye everything, son. Ye need or want anything, ye just ask."
Nox earns a point in my dad's book when he utters, "I'm quite partial to your daughter, actually. I was kinda hoping I could keep her.” ~Nox

Aww it's hard not to love Nox!!

My Rating - 5 stars!



No comments:

Post a Comment