Wednesday 4 November 2020

SHELF CONTROL # 4 | RUMOURS BY FREYA NORTH

Welcome to Shelf Control — an original feature created and hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies.

Shelf Control is a weekly celebration of the unread books on our shelves. Pick a book you own but haven’t read, write a post about it (suggestions: include what it’s about, why you want to read it, and when you got it), and link up! For more info on what Shelf Control is all about, check out my introductory post, here.

THIS WEEK'S BOOK IS:





SYNOPSIS OF THE FIRST BOOK:

Everybody’s talking - but what’s really going on?

Rumour has it that Stella Hutton landed her new job thanks to family connections. She’s guarded about her past and private about her new life.
Over in Long Dansbury, there’s always a rumour circulating about Xander – but the eligible bachelor shrugs off village gossip.
Then a rumour starts that Longbridge Hall is up for sale. Home to the eccentric Fortescues, it has dominated Long Dansbury lives for centuries.
Stella is summoned to sell the estate. But Xander grew up there. His secrets and memories are not for sale. He’ll do anything to stand in Stella’s way. Anything but fall in love.

How and when I got it:

Two or three years ago, I got this and other Freya North book while browsing in a second-hand book sale.

Why I want to read it:

I actually had never heard of the author before but when I was browsing in the second-hand book store, this book actually caught my friend's eye, and she had heard of the author so she suggested to buy it when I liked the synopsis. But I haven't picked it up yet. I'm just super slow with paperbacks.



2 comments: