Friday 22 September 2017

FRIDAY READS #6 ~ THE HATING GAME BY SALLY THORNE



Book Beginnings is a book meme hosted by Rose City Reader where participants share the first sentence (or so) of the book, along with initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.
The Friday 56 is hosted by Freda’s Voice, and the rules are quite simple: Grab a book, any book, turn to page 56 or 56% in your e-reader. Find any non-spoilery sentence(s) and post.
This week’s book: 


25883848Goodreads Summary: 

Nemesis (n.) 
1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome;
2) A person’s undoing;
3) Joshua Templeman.

Lucy Hutton and Joshua Templeman hate each other. Not dislike. Not begrudgingly tolerate. Hate. And they have no problem displaying their feelings through a series of ritualistic passive aggressive maneuvers as they sit across from each other, executive assistants to co-CEOs of a publishing company. Lucy can’t understand Joshua’s joyless, uptight, meticulous approach to his job. Joshua is clearly baffled by Lucy’s overly bright clothes, quirkiness, and Pollyanna attitude.

Now up for the same promotion, their battle of wills has come to a head and Lucy refuses to back down when their latest game could cost her her dream job…But the tension between Lucy and Joshua has also reached its boiling point, and Lucy is discovering that maybe she doesn’t hate Joshua. And maybe, he doesn’t hate her either. Or maybe this is just another game.

BOOK BEGINNINGS:



I have a theory. Hating someone feels disturbingly similar to being in love with them. I’ve had a lot of time to compare love and hate, and these are my observations.
FRIDAY 56:

“You’re shipwrecked onto an uninhabited island. What three things would you take with you?” “A knife. A tarpaulin.” He thinks for a long time on the last item. “And you. To annoy you,” he amends.
“But I’d be so lonely on the island,” he points out. I think of him sitting alone in the all-staff meeting. “Okay. So we’re crawling up the beach and I’m cursing your name for pulling me away from civilization and hair-care products and lipstick. What then?”

MY THOUGHTS:

I read this book in one day and I loved it so much, I couldn't put it down! A really cute story about adorable characters.


Which book features in your Friday Reads below? Comment the links below, I would love to visit your blog!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it's a pretty hilarious book. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read this book forever! I hope that you enjoy it. Thanks so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you ended up loving this one. I have heard a variety of thoughts on it--from hated it to loving it. I really want to give this one a try as I like the premise. I hope I fall into the loving it camp. Thank you for sharing! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete